Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Blog #8 - 100 Things About Me (As seen on Twitter)

Over the past 2 months I have been updating my life, business, and friendships on Twitter through my personal account @stevieincognito (Please also follow @gushuecards as well as Ron's sexy account @secretagentcat).

During that time I am had lots of great conversations and shared many laughs with a whole crew of great people (and cats). One of the topics that I got involved with was the #100factsAboutMe. So, here we go, my first list of 100:

1.      I love cats and other animals more than people.....for most things
2.      My favourite sports moment ever was Sid Bream scoring the winning run in the 92 NLCS for the Atlanta Braves
3.      I have had more injuries (sports related and not) than most humans.
4.      Favourite alcoholic drink = Jack Daniel's and 7-Up. Also like Newfie Screech and Purple Gatorade
5.      I study and try to live the Law of Attraction rules. Not always easy being upbeat, but it beats the old alternative
6.      I would love to shop at Mall of America. Did I mention I also love to cook, do laundry & I’m a good listener? :D
7.      As a kid I wanted to be a baseball or hockey broadcaster. Heroes: Brian MacFarlane, Dick Irvin, and Skip Carey
8.      I was put ahead in school.
9.      Concerts I have seen: Maiden, RUSH, Van Halen, Disturbed, Danko Jones, ZZTop, Harlequin, Airbourne, Motley Crue ....
10.  Favourite superhero = Spider-man, especially from the 1967 series. However, Electro kicked ass, amazing costume
11.  Had a cancer scare before ball season when I was 19. Emergency surgery & 8 weeks rest later, I returned to the team!
12.  For as long as I can remember, I have only averaged about 40 hours of sleep a week.
13.  I do not find the #13 unlucky. In fact, I do not believe in luck at all.
14.  When I was 2, Mr. Dressup babysat me in my house. My Mom knew him and his wife.
15.  I love brussel sprouts.
16.  I have been blessed to have won awards in sports through the years, but I have many more "Participant" ribbons. :D
17.  Contrary to popular belief, I am NOT the man behind Steve Jobs.
18.  I have an older brother & 2 older sisters. They got the looks and personality. I got a cool cat and a spiffy beard.
19.  I taught myself to play outfield using either left or right glove. Played an inning & recorded an out LH at Nationals
20.  My favourite song all-time is "You Know my Name" by Chris Cornell
21.  Favourite food? Chicken fried rice with Apple Crisp for desert. Mom's cooking of course
22.  Calgary is my favourite city that I called home, Montreal my favourite city to visit.
23.  I have been given the same nickname by 3 separate groups of people in 3 different provinces. I must be an easy read!
24.  HUGE Atlanta Braves Fan. Biggest Braves collection in Canada, easily. 25,000+ cards, Game used Jerseys/bats, autos, etc.
25.  I miss working out. Need to get back into my baseball/softball playing shape/weight. Usually 6'2 215 pounds.
26.  I have had a dog, cats, goldfish and hamsters as pets. Currently @secretagentcat (Ron Gant - RTC) owns me. :(
27.  I like to smile. Getting good at it too.
28.  My older brother was named after my Mom's favourite player Bobby Hull. (COOL). I was named after a family friend. :(
29.  I can touch my nose with my tongue.
30.  I can't sing, but have been known to do an amazing drunk rendition of Duran Duran's Hungry Like The Wolf on Rockband2
31.  Not boxer or briefs. I rock the boxer-briefs.
32.  I am getting used to being a caregiver for a sick parent. Not easy, but very important life experience
33.  I prefer suits without a tie.
34.  I received a Business Degree from MSVU(06)  and did a year of Journalism (96)
35.  Favourite movie villain ever is Bennett from Commando. It still puzzles me how that movie didn't sweep the #Oscars
36.  I have a slight allergy to sun. I can suntan, but wear Under-armour under baseball jerseys for games/long days @ field
37.  I avoid carbonated drinks. Just a small taste of 7-Up goes in Jack Daniels
38.  I learned how to play cribbage at age 5.
39.  I am a licensed Regal Gifts online representative. I know, I am as shocked as you are.
40.  I am not a fan of bananas or date-squares
41.  I love Rockport shoes, Italian cut dress shirts, and Fossil watches when I decide to dress up.
42.  I prefer Wile E. Coyote over The Roadrunner. I also briefly cheered for the Washington Generals, and Clubber Lang
43.  Music on Vinyl LP sounds 10X better than CD/MP3. Zeppelin without the static at the start of Kashmir is a sin.
44.  Favourite TV show ever - Mission: Impossible (60's series)
45.  Even though I am not the best dancer, I have been know to "cut a little rug" at a wedding. :D
46.  My summer hangout spots are the boardwalk in Bedford, a ball field, or The True North Diner. Milkshakes rule.
47.  Had an amazing mullet in 1991
48.  I have very thick hair. A cross between carpet and steel wool
49.  I’m from NL but I don't miss the water. Lived in Calgary & I don’t miss the mountains. I don’t think they miss me either
50.  I usually eat 2 toasted peanut butter and blueberry jam sandwiches every day.
51.  I can't/don't swim.
52.  I love coconut
53.  I am a switch-hitter.....in Baseball/softball. In life, I will stick to the ladies. :D
54.  I love to play strat-o-matic baseball. I have a board game from 1964. Sadly no one to play with.
55.  A girl I was dating made me watch every episode of Dawson's Creek. I survived....just barely.
56.  I met and got to hang out with the Amazing Kreskin. Lifelong dream of mine. What a cool guy!
57.  Passenger 57 is one of my favourite movies.
58.  I won a Lip Sync contest in Grade 7. I was the Honky Tonk Man from Wrestling and sang his tune. Pure class.
59.  Becoming addicted to coffee. Not a fan of Tim Horton's. Prefer Folgers in my cup. (The Great part of waking up) Haha
60.  I sometimes wear glasses, but have never had contacts. For those wondering, my eyes are blue and I like long walks
61.  I would rather do laundry than wash dishes
62.  I have fully accepted the fact that my cat is cooler than I am. However, I am taller
63.  I love to people watch, especially at Chapters. Sometimes, to switch it up, I pretend to read intellectual books.
64.  I have not been on a bicycle in about 10 years. Well, not one that doesn't sit still in a gym.
65.  I was much more of a daredevil as a kid, and even then I was sort of tame.
66.  On 3 different occasions I have won best costume at University costume party. (Hulk Hogan, Clint Eastwood, Zorro)
67.  Seeing that this is my 2769th tweet in a month+, it should be no surprise that I like to chat. :D
68.  I ate raisins and a Wagon wheel cookie almost every day during elementary & high school. Now, I don't like either
69.  I met Rick Hanson during his "Man in Motion" tour to raise money for cancer. Picture of him and I was front page of paper
70.  I love the gym, but am not a fan of ab workouts
71.  I have never been a fan of musicals....except Elvis movies. Elvis was AWESOME.
72.  My favourite number is 9. Wore it with most teams I played on. Other #'s worn = 77 in hockey and 21 in ball.
73.  I love to make lists. :D
74.  I used to rock the PUMA gear as a kid & I got made fun of it = too poor for Nike/Reebok. How times have changed
75.  I am allergic to Beer, Vegetable Thins crackers, and Penicillin.
76.  I was born 35 years ago today. I know, doesn't seem like that long ago. (Apr 3)
77.  When I was a kid I wanted to be Magnum P.I.
78.  My favourite chocolate bar is Oh Henry.
79.  I am tattoo free.
80.  I have worn woollen socks inside my Baseball cleats since I was 4, regardless of how warm weather is.
81.  I have a thing for Ciara. Yeah, I said it. Echo
82.  I love the drive down to Peggy's Cove in the summer.
83.  I have ALWAYS been on the cutting edge of style. Circa 1982. http://yfrog.com/h370evmj
84.  I use Head and Shoulders and my hair is thick, not like Troy Palamalu though.
85.  I like Scrabble
86.  I actually miss mowing the lawn.
87.  I still have the blanket I was taken home from the hospital in.....well, my mom has it.
88.  I have been to at least 150 funerals in my life. Big family + old neighbourhood takes it's toll.
89.  The Movie "The Natural" with Robert Redford still gives me goose bumps.
90.  My eBay store is named after my Mom and Grandmother who really inspired me. Its Mom's family name, and a unique one!
91.  I have never watched Titanic, and I will die in the same boat......Hahaha...well, not the same boat I guess
92.  Even though I like some of his movies, I really do not like Nicolas Cage
93.  When I was a kid I would put playing cards in my bicycle spokes for that motorcycle sound
94.  I never comb or brush my hair. All hands baby!
95.  I really like hotdogs.
96.  I love Drive-in theatres
97.  I am overly nice and always polite...unless I have a great reason not to be. Haha - don't worry, you are not on list.
98.  One of my favourite outdoor activities is snowshoeing
99.  I used to tuck my jersey in like Wayne Gretzky when I was a kid.
100. I've had a blast strolling memory lane for many on this list. Maybe another 100 in the future!

   So, there you go! Please leave a comment or two, add me on Twitter, follow my blogs, buy some sportscards, or say hello. Either way, just keep smiling!




4 comments:

  1. Hey baby... you give good list ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salut Stevie,I like your 100 list its really intersting,give us the chance to get to know you a little more which is a good thing,I love #96. thats one of my favorite things ,#38 made me laugh haha my older sister is also a Regal Gift onlie repre lol cat lover?awesome you sound like a very warm funny smart guy.Bbonne journée. ;-)
    (Brianna)

    ReplyDelete