Monday, April 25, 2011

Stevieincognito's Marvelous Mascots Vol. 1 (Blog #13)

As I wrote about in Blog #11 and mentioned in an earlier blog, I love mascots, especially sports mascots. I was employed as a mascot about 10 years ago, no kidding. I was the Club Z bear Zeddy from Zellers Department Store, and I was also Barney the Dinosaur at a fundraising event in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Being a mascot is a pretty fun gig. Sure its really warm, and the mascot head is pretty heavy, but the dancing and look on the kids faces is really worth it.

Over the next few months I will be introducing you to some of my favorite sports mascots. I like these guys for a number of different reasons. Some are funny, some are athletic, and some are great dancers. Imagine, getting free tickets to all the games and getting to act crazy, and hit on women all for comedic purposes. That's impressive!

My First mascot that I want to introduce is Harry T. Hawk, the OUTSTANDING mascot of the Atlanta Hawks of the NBA. Quickly becoming an Internet sensation, Harry is known for hitting half-court shots, some amazing dancing, and a flair for the dramatic when delivering the age old gaffs like dropping the birthday cake, attacking the "planted" opponent fan, and pranking a ref or kid. My bucket list is not complete until I get my pic taken with Harry. Please enjoy the videos.

3 comments:

  1. Hmm, I don't share your love for mascots. In fact I find them creepy lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trouble from your past? Haha, Just kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it is indeed trouble from the past ... I must have hidden it deep deep inside my memory banks xD

    ReplyDelete